12 Questions To Ask Your Homebuilder
- Do you have three or more years homebuilding experience?
- Have you passed a building contractor’s exam?
- Can you provide 14 written references including financial institution, home owners, trade contractors, material suppliers and other CPHBs?
- Do you maintain appropriate insurance coverage including builder’s risk, general liability and other insurances as required by law, such as worker’s compensation?
- Do you build to performance standards set forth in the Homeowner Handbookor an equivalent?
- Do you offer an approved limited warranty?
- Is your main source of income from homebuilding?
- Do you complete 16 hours of continuing education annually?
- Do you offer mandatory binding arbitration and abide by The Housing Institute’s dispute resolution process?
- Do you allow home inspections?
- Are you a member of your local home builders association and abide by the National Association of Home Builders’ Code of Ethics?
- Are you a Certified Professional Home Builder?